About Dr Roy Chad
Dr Chad qualified as a medical doctor in 1974 from Birmingham University. He then started his psychiatric training at Oxford – working for a time as a clinical lecturer at Oxford University, obtaining his membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1978. He then moved to complete his senior training at the Royal Free hospital in London. Dr Chad became a full time NHS consultant psychiatrist in Chelmsford, at the age of 32. He worked as a general adult psychiatrist within the NHS for over 27 years.
- Qualified as a medical doctor from Birmingham University 1974
- Became Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists 1978
- Became Consultant Psychiatrist in adult psychiatry 1983
- Diploma in Psychopharmacology from BAP in 2002
- Regular attender of UKAAN meetings since 2010.
- Approved Clinician status under MHA 1983 renewed 2011
- Fully insured by MPS for all private practice work.
- Also appointed as a Second Opinion Approved Doctor working for the CQC.